CAREERS AT DESIGN 2 CONSTRUCT
We’re ALWAYS looking for talented individuals to join our team.
We get an official award once per year, but we are the Best Place to Work year-round! We highly value the people that make this place great, and our team is proud to wear the D2C logo because they know it represents excellence, inside and out.
Below you will find current openings, but we can always make room for the right candidate so if your area of expertise isn’t listed, please do not hesitate to reach out! A real-live person will read your comments submitted, so just complete the form if you are interested in becoming a part of our growing team.
Submit Your Resume Below
Current Opportunities -
+Project Manager/Estimator with 5+ years of Design-Build Commercial Construction Experience
Design 2 Construct is a full-service design-build construction company that has been impressing Clients since 1991. We are a good, honest construction company that puts the needs of the Client first. We appreciate driven individuals that are results oriented.
Position Summary: This person will need to effectively organize, communicate and follow through on all tasks involved in facilitating a complete turnkey building construction project, as well as work hand in hand with in-house Architects/Designers, field Superintendents, Subcontractors and Owners/Clients to complete each project on time and on budget.
Essential Responsibilities: While the items listed below are intended to define the major aspects of the position, they are not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities. An important factor in the success of the Project Manager is the understanding that flexibility in helping others is essential for the overall benefit of the company.
- Consult with Clients, vendors, subcontractors as well as fellow Project Managers to discuss and formulate estimates for material, labor, equipment and specialty costs
- Obtain and organize a minimum of 3 prospective bids in all major areas of construction
- Answer questions from the prospective subcontractors as they come up in the bid process
- Negotiate with subcontractors on costs and timing as necessary to meet schedule and budget needs
- Resolve issues and develop project schedules to assist in the estimating process
- Analyze plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation
- Issue subcontracts/purchase orders as necessary for assigned projects
- Produce construction schedule with Superintendent
- Approve invoices related with assigned projects
- Setup breakdown for AIA Pay Applications
- Coordinate monthly Pay Application/billings
- Track project status, results and quality to provide regular updates to Clients
- Anticipate and remove possible project barriers
- Coordinate with Clients to accomplish project goals while maintaining a positive business
- Maintain project schedule with on-time delivery
- Lead multiple project teams that include site engineers, superintendents, and foremen to sustain
- Distribute project punchlist to subcontractors
Position Requirements: Below is a list of the minimum knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to execute the key responsibilities of the Project Manager:
· Minimum 5 years in design-build project management position and minimum 7 years commercial construction experience
· Procore experience preferred
· Have a proven track record of managing long standing relationships, with references that verify the motivation, success and solid work ethic
o Eager to learn and work well in a fast-paced team environment
o Communicate frequently with Clients regarding project status
o Quote work and effectively manage the project to make profits
o Experience in conceptual estimating, hard bidding and budgeting as well as pricing work we self-perform, plus pricing complete tenant build outs and interior renovations
Types of Projects: We understand that people cannot be experts in all areas of building construction; however, as a company we have undertaken the following types of commercial construction projects:
· Industrial facilities/warehouses
· Dental Clinics
· Health care
Compensation: Although the benefit package may change throughout the course of employment the following is a list of what is offered for the Project Manager:
· Salary that is related to work experience
· Medical Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Short-term Disability Insurance
· Long-term Disability Insurance
· 401(k) plan with percentage match
· Paid Vacation and Holidays
· Excellent Culture
All qualified applicants will receive consideration or employment without regard to race, color, religion sex or national origin.